WHAT WE DO
Uplink Capital is a hands-on value-added investment banking (group) that is focused on business transition from
Uplink Capital is focused on helping CEO’s position the company so that investment firms have less resistance to invest capital. Our preparatory approach is based on aligning incentives and harmonizing the vision, strategy, and execution of the organization to display the untapped potential. The Firm’s principals have a demonstrated track record over the past three decades of successfully partnering with owners and investors to transform businesses into higher performing organizations with improved growth, profitability, and strategic value.
TYPES OF CAPITAL WE RAISE
- Series A, B, and C round
- Mezzanine Round
- Growth Capital
- Management Buy Out
- M&A Capital
- Founder or Family transference or exit
- Sale of company for cash out transaction
WHAT MAKES A COMPANY ATTRACTIVE
- Strong Management Team
- Strong understanding of the market you serve
- Strong intellectual property (IP)
- Strong understanding of client needs
- Detailed explanation of Use-Of-Funds
- Road map for the next three years
- Located in the US
- Ability to leave your ego at the door
INVESTORS WANT TO INVEST IN
- Chemical/Health Care
- Distribution and Transportation
- Energy: including Natural Gas (NG)/Diesel Generation regeneration, NG/Diesel CoGen, NG Generation
- Green technologies: energy such as wind, solar, utility scale projects, and alternative Energy Projects
- Healthcare: Life Sciences, Software and Technology
- Technology: Software, Enterprise, Robotics, Cybersecurity, SaaS, Development Coding Houses, Gaming, and Manufacturing
- Manufacturing – Specialty Manufacturing
- Oil & Gas including IT
FINANCIAL OVERVIEW Of STRONG CANDIDATES
- Revenue of $1mm or more
- EBITDA for $1mm or more
- IP written by a strong law firm, not the attorney around the corner
- Audited financials, if profitable for the last three years
- Tax returns for the last three years
- Bio of all CxO, officers, and directors
WHAT INVESTORS ARE LOOKING FOR
- Investors want to know that you and your team have the ability to react to market changes. Acknowledged that you don’t know everything about running a business and they can add great value beyond just capital. Investors will want to see your background in the industry and business experience as well as that of your management team. Many small businesses fail because of weaknesses in the management team.
- That you have researched your competition thoroughly. In addition, they will want to see how you plan to contend with your competitors and distinguish yourself. What will give you the competitive edge?
- Prove your product is unique, demonstrate through sales there is need for your product or services and a large enough market potential to make the investment worthwhile. Where will your market share come from? Stilling market share from established businesses or is this a new vertical? Investors don’t want to invest in “little” ideas – you have to show them great potential return.
- Do you have the research to prove you know your demographics and can reach your target market in a timely and ongoing manner? What is your pricing and sales strategy? Can you articulate clearly simply and in line with industry norms.
- Investors expect to see a return on their investment. You must show a path to success with realistic financial projections that show how long it will take for the business to be turning a profit. Not only to recoup their initial investment, but generate a 5x to 10x times the original investment. And the clear exit strategy you see as the road ahead.
The truth is, investor don’t care about your product. They care about how strong your management team is.
FOUR STAGES OF A COMPANY UPLINK CAPITAL WORKS WITH
You have revenue looking for capital to expand sales and R&D
Series A round of funding, $5mm or more in revue
Series B round of funding, the goal of scaling the company and looking professional help from a strategic investor
You, and your team, and the investor have positioned the company for sale or acquisition